Soldiers on Parade

Soldiers on Parade
 

Big Red One Song

Toast of the Army, favorite son!

Hail to the brave Big Red One!

Always the first to thirst for a fight,

no foe shall challenge our right to vict'ry!

We take the field, a grand sight to see,

pride of the Infantry,

men of a great division,

courage is our tradition,

forward, the Big Red One!


Follow Me

You can hear it in the heat of the jungle,

you can hear it across the sea,

it calls to every freedom loving man,

the cry of the U.S. Infantry:

Follow me! Follow me!


From Concord Bridge to An Khe Ridge,

through the swamps, and mountains, and sand,

we fight and die where brave men lie,

against all tyrants they stand!


Dogface Soldier

I wouldn't give a bean to be a fancy-pants Marine,

I'd rather be a Dogface Soldier like I am.

I wouldn't trade my old ODs

for all the Navy's dungarees,

for I'm the walking from of Uncle Sam.


On all the posters that I read it says,

"The Army Builds Men!",

so they're tearing me down

to build me over again!


I'm just a Dogface Soldier with a rifle on my shoulder

and I eat raw meat for breakfast ev'ry day!

So feed me ammunition, feed me in the Third Division,

your Dogface Soldier's a-okay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katyusha - Катюша (Kazakh Ver.)

55 Days at Peking

God, Syria, and Bashar - الله, سوریا و بشار